Resources for Seniors and Families
Peeples Care is happy to provide the following links to other sites that you may find useful:
- The Senior’s Choice
- If you or someone you know needs in-home care outside of the Greater Jacksonville area area, we are pleased to recommend our colleagues in your area. As fellow members of The Senior’s Choice, the nation’s largest network of independent private duty companies, we represent the highest level of senior care available for your loved ones. To find a member of The Senior’s Choice in your area, simply visit their website by clicking on the above link.
- National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- N4A’s primary mission is to build the capacity of its members to help older persons and persons with disabilities live with dignity and choices in their homes and communities for as long as possible.
- The Alzheimer’s Association
- The leading, global voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care and support, and the largest private, nonprofit funder of Alzheimer research. The Alzheimer’s Association works on a global, national and local level to enhance care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer’s and related dementia.
- Financial Help for Veterans and their Spouses
- Veterans and spouses may be entitled to $1,056 – $1,949/month from the VA to pay for assisted living in their home or in a facility. Any War-Time Veteran with 90 days of active duty, 1 day beginning or ending during a period of war, is eligible to apply for the Aid and Attendance Special Pension. A surviving spouse (marriage must have ended due to death of veteran) of a War-Time Veteran may also apply. The individual must qualify both medically and financially. Information may be obtained from www.veteranaid.org or an attorney familiar with Aid and Attendance benefits.
- Alliance for Better Long Term Care
- The Alliance helps protect the rights of elderly and disabled persons who live in long term care settings and those who receive licensed health care or hospice services in the home.
- 401-785-3340 or www.alliancebltc.com
- Bright Focus Foundation
- Bright Focus Foundation is one of America’s leading supporters of scientific and medical investigations into Alzheimer’s disease, glaucoma, macular degeneration, heart disease, and stroke.